Pages

Sunday 20 July 2014

Side Step Card: Rain or Shine, We are with You!

A couple of days ago, Jess rang me up. “Let’s make a card for Q!” Without a second thought, “Yes!”. Q is actually a friend of mine who is still fighting cancer. That’s her 2nd relapse. Jess, Bee and me wanted to cheer her up and give her a surprise. Such a big mission for me! 

I wanted to make a card that Q can see it every day; a card that will cheer her up every time she sees it; a card that touches her heart and let her know that we are always be with her. Therefore, I decided to make a step card that stands up. She can easily display it without an easel. I created a step card before. So, I am going to try out the side step card. 

I remembered Q loves one of the cards that I created long ago (first few cards that I ever made in my life). She loves the umbrella, the musical notes patterned paper and the colors of the card. She asked for a card that something similar with it but I never made her one. So this time, I definitely will create one for her.


Here’s the card I came out with:
 


The musical notes umbrella! And look at the lyrics printed, “Strike up the band…, Just listen to that cheer...”. It was so coincident that I die cut that part from the patterned paper and it matched the purpose of making this card! For the flowers, I used Prima’s paper flowers and layered with the punched flowers from my favorite paper collections, Crate Paper Maggie Holmes’s Styleboard and MME Collectible “Memorable”. The flowers then embellished with pearls. 

Oh look at the clouds! So adorable! I loved the Chic Tags Cloud 9 clear cloud SO MUCH!!!  I was so reluctant to use it! For another cloud, I die cut it from a white cardstock and embossed it to create the dots. Then, I added the puffy raindrops from Pink Paislee’s Hello Sunshine to the card. I would say the puffy stickers from Pink Paislee are so pretty and cute, and again, I was so reluctant to use them! Well, for Q, I gave all out! 



I just noticed that I love to use clear tags or something “clearly” in my craft recently. For this card, I used 2 clear tags, the cloud and the Happy Notes; both were from Chig Tags Cloud 9. I brought in the idea to adhere the sun and rainbow onto a clear screen to make the sun and the rainbow looked hanging in the sky. Do you love the idea?



For the sentiment, I die cut two clouds from a white cardstock, stamped the sentiment and attached them to a while panel. I die cut a butterfly tendrils and adhered it to the same panel. The panel then attached to the second step of the card. The sentiment looked sitting on the flying clouds.


The color combination was inspired by the photo from Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge – July 15 - Anything Goes.

After completing the card, I wrote our message to Q at the back of the card. When I came to ‘from whom’, I realized that 3 of our names ended with double ‘E’. If I arrange them in a right order, it sounded like ‘City Bee’.  To make it a little joke to Q, I purposely added ‘not ‘Kampung’ Bee!’.  ‘Kampung’ is refer to a small village or community of houses in Malay-speaking lands. 


While I was searching for a box for this card, Hubby Jay suddenly reminds me about dust. Tada... this is my solution! The card sits perfectly in the box.




I'm entering this card for

Thanks for dropping by!

Happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet and fantastic. Love the side-step fold. So many neat images and elements... love how things hang off the base card, giving so much depth and dimentsion to your card. That box is perfect! Thank you for linking your card up at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is amazing. Love the bright colors, personalized note and fun display box. Thank you so much for playing along in the Spots and Dots Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog with us this week :)

    ReplyDelete