Pages

Thursday 29 May 2014

My Adventurous Graduation Trip

Mei Li Paperie is holding their second challenge for May - "Inspired by..." Challenge.

Here is the inspiration image:


Yes, Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!

I was inspired by it in many ways. Here's my take:




First, the quote! It made me recall my adventurous graduation trip back in 2002. 13 of us flew to Sabah to explore and had our adventure before we started our working life. We climbed Mt. Kinabalu, snorkeling at Sipadan Island, took the smoke train, experienced water rafting, searched for the largest flower in the world, Rafflesia and so forth. We dared to adventure! We made it! It was really a great and memorable adventurous trip! So, I decided to create a layout based on that.

The hanging gondolas on the ferries wheel inspired me to create a layout with multiple photos. Furthermore, there were too many adventures in our trip, multiple photos in a layout just the right choice. This was my first attempt to create a layout with multiple photos. Something new to adventure! To create something like the hanging gondolas, I tied the kraft twine and ‘hang’ it with the brad. For the colors, I chose something related to our nature such as green, brown, yellow and blue, as our trip was all about exploration with nature.

The lights on the ferris wheel inspired me as well! Hmm… I was thinking how I gonna make it look like the running lights on the ferris wheel? Well, I added the gold pearls and turquoise rhinestones to touch up my layout. There were 13 of them which represent 13 of us in the trip, 6 girls and 7 guys.

For the sketch, I was inspired by Elle’s Studio Sketch Thursday 05/22/2014 by Jenny and Creative Scrappers 

Sketch 268. 



It seemed that I had another adventure while creating this layout – my 7th layout being created. I had fun with it! Hope you join the fun too!

I’m entering this layout for
Mei Li Paperie’s May Inspired by... Challenge

Happy scrapbooking!

Thanks for dropping by! 

2 comments:

  1. Sketches are always a fun place to start. Love how you interpreted our challenge to create your wonderful layout. The handwritten border is a great idea. Thanks for joining us at Mei Li Paperie.

    ReplyDelete