Pages

Tuesday 14 January 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #59: Happy Birthday

I have quite a number of relatives and friends’ birthdays fall on January. Today, I wanted to show you the card I made for my cousin brother who just take off to overseas for his study. It was a challenge for me to create a masculine card. The cards that I created were more feminine with flowers and butterflies.

Then and there, I came across CAS(E) this Sketch #59 and being inspired by DT's creations. 



Here’s my card:
  


The outcome was in cute side but at least it looked a bit masculine. I decided to use the layout from CAS(E) this Sketch #59. I don’t have any feather stamps or dies. However, the feathers inspired me. I was thinking that I should include something related to nature with birds in my card. Yes, tree with leaves and birds.

Instead of ordinary solid base in the front of the card, I tried something I never done before. I die cut the front of the card and make it see-through the inner of the card. I added the sentiment and leaves instead of feathers. I replaced the button and twine with enamel dots. To cover the joints of the card, I added scalloped blue strips and clouds on top of the card.


For the inner of the card, I used distress ink (broken china, peacock feathers and peeled paint) with water. I dapped my acrylic block to the ink and transferred it to the white card base. Then I stamped the tree and leaves. Bird wood veneers were added.




I’m entering this card to

This is my first time playing in CAS(E) this Sketch.

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love how the top flap of the card is open to see the inside. What a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete