Pages

Saturday 28 September 2013

Practice for "Street as Social Spaces Flashmob"

MMPS was honored for being invited to join the performance of "Street as Social Spaces Flashmob" by Aida Redza. There were few practices carried out before but MMPS mothers and children only managed to join the practice a day before the actual performance. One practice, one and only one then we went on stage. Hahaha...!  Well, we just played a very simple role, be "mothers and children", just be ourselves! 3 MMPS families car pooled to attend the practise - Lee Joo, Michelle Chen and I.

Before the meet up, I was so excited and looking forward for the practice. I wonder what we will do in the Flashmob. Breastfeed baby while dancing at the street? I never try that before. I felt so excited as I've not dancing or go on stage for years. Some more this time both my boys will join the performance with me. Sounds fun, right? Another wonder was the name "Aida" in the email. Is she the same person that I knew? The great choreographer and great dancer that I known before?

All the while, I never know that there's a art center at Strait Quay until last Saturday 21 September 2013. Every time I just straight go to the Convention Hall and do not notice the assistance of PenangPAC at Straits Quay. When I stepped out from the elevator, wow, it's such a nice place. It occupies a large space and it is equipped with 2 stages, 3 studios, 2 gallery spaces and other amenities such as production offices and box office. The space is wheelchair accessible and is open for visitors. Great!

We proceed to the studio to look for Aida. The door of the studio opened. Aida was the one who opened the door to welcome us. YES, she's the one! Oh, she never change! She still look gorgeous and young as when the time I attended her workshop 13 years ago! I felt like I was back to my old days.

It's been at least 12 years I never step into a dancing studio (not to mention the studio in fitness center). When I first stepped in the studio. I felt so happy and lot's of different emotions in my heart. Lots of flash back came to my mind. It reminded me my old dancing days, those days on the stage. Felt so young, like back to school time.

Aida was very kind, polite and friendly. She briefed us on the role we played then we started the practice. We had fun during the practice. 





Here's some of the photo during the practice.





Those dancers are great. They are professional dancers! Our Down Syndrome friends also doing great! They liked to play with my boys too! Of course, mothers like us and toddlers just played and had fun.

During the practice, Ze asked me to accompany him, wanted me to sit at the side of the studio and even asked to go home. May be he's not used to the practice. Later, Aida asked my Hubby Jay to help out to record our practice. My Ze disturbed him while he did the recording. Aida let him played with some card games that she brought. Ze and his friends had fun playing with the cards.


We watched the video together at the end of the practice.



After the practice, we went for our tea break. Then, our kids played at the play ground and they had fun and enjoyed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment